The PFPS bill tracker monitors all 50 states and the U.S. Congress for proposed legislation that creates, expands, or modifies private school voucher programs. Use the fields above to search for specific bills, types of bills, or proposed legislation in a certain state of in Congress. Watch this video for a brief demonstration.
The types of bills tracked include:
- Traditional private school voucher programs
- Education Savings Account (ESA) voucher programs
- Tax credit voucher programs
- Individual tax credits or benefits for private school tuition, other private education expenses, or homeschooling
- Use of 529 savings accounts for K-12 private school tuition or expenses
- Bills that roll back or eliminate voucher programs, or increase restrictions or accountability for them
For additional information on the different types of voucher programs, please click here.
The bill tracker is updated every Friday. The information provided includes a “PFPS Summary” if a bill has moved out of committee. If you think a relevant bill in your state is missing, please contact PFPS at email@example.com.
Unless otherwise noted, information about legislation in the states is taken from the legislative tracking service LegiScan.